DecorationGardening

Paint a Village of Rocks

I no longer spend lots of cash on plants and flowers which get battered by the wind and burnt by the salt air. I add colour and fun by painting rocks and developing a village much to the delight of neighbours and friends who visit. I sprayed the rocks white to give me a canvas to paint on with acrylic paint and the shape of the rock determines whether it will be a house, shop, car or animal.

By Isobel from Scotland

Top Comment

Well done! I paint turtles, toads, and frogs on rocks (idea found in a craft book), now I'd like to use your idea to give them a village to live in. Thanks for the lovely photo. Here's a picture of one of my frogs. I did this one over ten years ago, so they hold up quite nicely with a coat or two of clear lacquer.

~gloria

western NY

That is so beautiful!

What an adorable little village you have created - I love it! and... what a beautiful back drop too!

What a wonderful idea!! And a beautiful picture! I live in Canada....in a big city in the middle of the prairies....all flat and grass and trees....beautiful, but your place is stunning!!!!

What a pretty idea! You are quite talented! You did really make those rocks proud! A very good idea. What kind of paint do you use?

What a great idea! We live close to the mountains and have a very arid climate, this would be perfect for this area.

This looks so much where I live. Had to see if it was somewhere in Hawaii. Scotland! What a surprise. The rocks look just like our lava rocks, basalt.

Your "rock garden" is adorable and what a good idea for small areas in anyone's garden that refuses to grow flowers.

What a terrific idea! The previous owner of our home painted flowers on some large flat rocks and it's always a nice surprise to uncover them as I clean the flower beds.

So cool!!!!!

I am awash with your beautiful seascape. I don't have one, I'm near some lakes. I love what you've done. I remember, as a child, a girl who had a lovely stone castle about 2 or so feet high in her back yard (no water at all.) I don't know how they put the pebbles together, but we used to pretend that we "were in attendance of the castle." You're beautiful scene reminded me of it. What a wonderful idea you've had.

That is adorable! I would've never thought of doing that. Thanks for another idea for Spring/Summer!

Anonymous

AWSOME would never have thought. I love it we have rock lady bugs on the side of our driveway our grnddaughter paints them every year. It is fun to do some and put them in others driveways and see the surprise they get.

Oh Isobel your art is so delightful! Thank you for sharing. It put a smile on my face.

You are a very talented person! Lucky you with such a beautiful backdrop. You inspire all of us!

I really like this idea, very creative!

This is a great idea, but I'm afraid you're much more talented than I am.

Beautiful. I love what you've done. I'm going to start looking for rocks to paint.

Anonymous

What an AWESOME idea! I paint rocks as well..I also collect heart shaped ones..I put my grandkids names on them..or last summer I put names of herbs and plants to identify them...

Way beyond beautiful! How very creative, I LOVE it. Thank you for sharing it here with us, you are very popular for this!