Removing Dog Urine from Carpet and Hardwood

I am curious to how to remove dog urine from carpets and hardwood floors. I have tried several things already like a steam cleaner, Lysol, dish soap, bleach, and even vinegar and none of that has worked. Can you please give me some kind of answer to what I can use?

By angel from Philadelphia, PA

Best Answer

Try a product called Spot Shot. A lot of the dollar tree stores have a smaller can of it so you won't spend much if it doesn't work. It's a great product. Just spray it on and it's almost like it raises the stain to the top and then you dab at it with a sponge. It hasn't failed me yet! Good Luck!

I am going through the same problem. Can't find anything that removes the smell. I was told my old girl of 15 yrs may need to see the vet & they can give her some meds so she won't pee as much.

For new accidents use cornstarch. Leave it on for a few minutes and it will soak up the moisture. Then scrub with club soda and vinegar. The best way us to treat it right after it happens. The longer it sits the harder it is to get rid of. As for heavily soiled carpet , you may have to bite the bullet and get a professional out there to clean your carpets. For wood, use an orange oil or lemon oil based cleaner. Elbow grease, scrub the floors by hand, then rinse with vinegar and tea tree oil (you can find it in the ethnic hair section @ the drugstore- it acts as an antiseptic/ disinfectant plus has a nice strong mint smell). Good luck!

Tea tree oil is toxic for dogs,bad idea...do not use this anywhere near dogs,not sure about cats,but I would not take that risk with a special friend...

Sad looking puppy on carpet
Cleaning Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
Pets Pet StainsApril 14, 2011
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄