White Spots on Zucchini Leaves

There are little white spots on some of the leaves of my thriving zucchini. They are under and above like a light white powder dot. Any ideas?

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By grifft from Levittown, NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Go to the Google search engine and look for gardening websites. I believe you will find your answer on one of the websites.

Sounds like Powdery Mildew. You can google 'powdery mildew' and you should be able to find some photos to compare to what you have. This is common in all the cucurbits - cucumbers, squash and zucchini. I use a fungicide spray. Get one that specifically lists powdery mildew. Spray tops and bottoms of leaves. Untreated, you will still make some zucchini, but the yield will be far less than normal and your plants will die rather quickly. I normally start treating as a preventive when my plants (from seed) are big enough to start fertilizing. Usually once a week for 3-4 weeks, until my plants are too large to bother trying to spray. That has worked well for me this year. Last year I got the powdery mildew and only got 6 pounds total off 6 plants. Very sad.

Look at this website:

http://www.pion  m/tv-mildew.html

It describes successful research on treating mildew on zucchini and other squashes by spraying with diluted milk! This looks easy and I am trying it tomorrow!

Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesJune 21, 2010
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chopped Zucchini
Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:12:21 AM on 10.0.1.54 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.