Putting a Shelf on the Wall Without Brackets

I am looking for a unique way to put a shelf on the wall, using some kind of supports, but not brackets. I had a wild hair about using soup cans (loll) if anyone has any Ideas on what I could use I will welcome the help.

Teresa from Lynchburg, Ohio

Do tell how this wild hair of soup cans would work? LOL... I hate when I get a wild hair...

The soup cans ,, LOL , wouuld be put on the bottom of the shelf like brackets , I would put them open end toward the room , so I could put stuff in them,

you would have to have a long screw driver to attach it to the wall. of course you could paint the cans and file them , or decupage , or what ever ,, LOL I don't know if it would actually work. I hate wild hairs too, and I have alot of them.If you know the lady that is going to buy the space bags ,, It can be done with reg. garbage bags , you put the vacum hose in and just hold it tight , then put the rubber band on it..Thanks for your response, Teresa

The big box stores have brackets for mantels--I know-- you don't want brackets. But if you put anything of weight on the shelf-- you need some strength to hold it up. I used them plus a board for a shelf for a entry. Looked good== was cheap.

good luck

Thanks , for the Info, I know I am probably going to have to break down lol and use Brackets , Or maybe I could Hang them,the shelves i mean. LOL....

I like my wild hairs. I can usually make most of them work. I don't think the soup cans would hold much weight. I think the can itself would bend after a while.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceAugust 16, 2006
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
A wall poster rolled up in a cardboard tube.
Uses for Wall Posters
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals