Use Cereal Inserts for Cookie Sheet Liners - Categories:

Use Cereal Inserts for Cookie Sheet Liners

I save the wax paper bags from cereal boxes. When the cereal is gone, I cut the bottom off and split the seam open making a sheet of wax paper. I then cut it to the size I need for lining cookie sheets or cake pans.

By Patty from Bayville, NJ

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

That's great. I have so much of it as my family eats a lot of cereal. Do you bake with it on the pans? I do save it and reuse it but never for anything hot. I thought it was actually plastic.

The liners in cereal boxes is plastic, not waxed paper. Do not use it for baking, After washing the bags out with a drop of dishwashing liquid and water, then thoroughly rinsing them and letting them dry, I do use them for food storage much like a ziploc bag.

My mom used them when making hamburger patties. She would make a patty and put it in the bag and press it between two lunch plates. It would make a pretty thin patty but when you cook them they always shrink and get thicker - they were always the right size.

The cereal bags also work great when making homemade tortillas.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CookiesJuly 26, 2010
Making Your Own Panty Liners
Storing Cupcake Liners
Storing Cupcake Liners
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
sheet cake with flower decorations
Cutting Sheet Cakes