AdviceRecipes

Cooking a Cake in a Saucepan

I am trying to find a recipe on how to make a cake solely in a saucepan on a hob or gas ring. My grandmother used to make her cakes this way but she never passed the recipe on before she died. She never had an oven so she never oven baked. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Julie from UK

I never heard of such a thing but found that quite interesting. I did a "google". Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I did come up with a "stove top" cake. Maybe you can find others here as well. I'd like to try this myself :)

Good luck!

http://www.cook  5-249196,00.html

I have a Turbo-Cooker. For cakes, you'd make the batter, pour it into a cake pan, set the cake pan on a rack in the Turbo-Cooker (bigger pan), and pour water into the big pan--sort of like a steam cooker.

A lady that my mom housecleaned for had a recipe for a cake that was cooked in a dutch oven on the stovetop.It is like the recipe called Pudding au Chomage.You could look this up as mom lost the recipe years ago.Hope this helps.You might want to cut the sugar in half on this recipe,it's very sweet if you don't.