Ideas for Baby's 1st Birthday Party

I need suggestions on what and how to decorate the house for my Princess's 1st birthday.

By Hannahsmom from Eagle River, AK

Best Answer

I agree with suntydt they won't remember much about what's going on. My niece Jordan only cared about the little cake that was just for her and the balloons. Go to a dollar store you can get Disney princess stuff there or even just generic princess stuff. Jordan likes princess stuff too so we decorated with stuff that she and the other kids could play with and she could keep afterward as toys, like balloons, wands, a tiara, etc.

Well you called her your princes so do the Disney Prince theme. You shouldn't have trouble finding decorations and party favors for that theme. I wouldn't decorate to extinsively, you are really decorating for you not for her. She will never remember any of it. The only thing she will know is what she sees in the pictures you take.

November 29, 2009 Flag

I would like some tips for a birthday party for a 1 year old baby girl.

By Pam

Ideas for Baby's 1st Birthday Party

When my granddaughter Kelsey turned 1 year old, it was pretty much a straight forward party. Cake, ice cream, and punch. Too much more than that is overwhelming for the little ones, especially if nap time falls during the party time.

She had a couple of games, but since the ages of the kids were so varied, it got kinda crazy with the little ones becoming frustrated. Be careful in selecting games, if you even have any.

My daughter asked me to decorate Kelsey's high chair. It was quick, easy, and inexpensive, but looked absolutely darling. What I did was to buy 5 yards of white tulle', and 3' of pink floral ribbon. I did a quick running stitch at the top fold of the tulle' fabric. Then, I gathered it up, so it would fit from side to side, on the high chair tray, and tied it off.

I used a hot glue gun to attach it to the high chair tray. Once it was securely on, I glued on the pink ribbon trim. The "skirt" was longer than the height of the high chair tray to the floor. We put the chair on the kitchen table, and used a pair of regular scissors to trim the length.

It was awesome. My daughter had so many compliments on how cute and "girly" it was. It was easy to remove and store away. The hot glue just pulled right off the tray.

Ideas for Baby's 1st Birthday Party

First call around at any of your grocery stores and see if they still give a free cake on the child's first birthday (make sure you have the birth certificate handy in case they want to see). When my daughter was little she liked Elmo, so a lot of stuff was Elmo stuff. I made a lot of food and a friend made a smash cake for the baby. Trust me she got it all over her and she loved it. I was just looking at the pictures just this week. It was a great party and every body had a great time. (04/02/2009)

By dietvanilla

1st Birthday Party Ideas
1st Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayNovember 29, 2009
finished banner on highchair
Making a Birthday Highchair Banner
Planning a Large First Birthday Party
Planning a Large First Birthday Party
baby at photo shoot
Making a 1st Birthday Hat and Diaper Cover
letters as photo prop
1st Birthday Photo Prop