Using Candles to Light the Bathroom

How can I make my candles functional and decorative in such a small space? I have a small bathroom with very limited counter space, but I would like to somehow be able to use my lavender candles that I've just made for lighting at night time.

By Jennie from Tempe, AZ

How about putting them on the wall? Either in candle sconces with glass globes, or on very a sturdy shelf that has a non-flammable back. Sometimes small shops that sell candles will also carry the sconces and/or shelves that you can use. If you know of someone who sells Home Interiors products, they could also help you find sconces or shelves specifically designed for candles.

Use mason jars, decorative beads and wire to make a hanging jar. Suspend them from the ceiling with a hook. Out of the way and pretty too. You could even get creative and make your own beads to match color pallets in your room out of polymer clay.

If you put a mirror behind them, you'll double the light.

Never, ever leave candles in rooms that are unattended. My girlfriend and her whole family lost their home and nearly their lives when their adult son left a candle burning in the basement where he slept. A burning candle can fall or be unknowingly knocked over by a pet or person with disastrous results. They seem to add ambiance to rooms but are not worth it if unattended, please rethink this and use them only when you are in attendance.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BathroomSeptember 9, 2010
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows