Easter Place Card Holder
A take home favor or place card holder.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 1 blown egg
- six 4 inch circles of spring fabric
- three 4 inch lengths of florist wire
- florist tape
- hot glue
- Life Saver candy
- pipe cleaner
- card stock or handmade paper
- With a needle or other sharp tool break a small hole in both ends of an egg. Wiggle a toothpick around inside to break the yolk so it all will blow out clean. Blow out the egg into a bowl, run water through the egg and shake to clean, may add vinegar to be sure it is clean. Let dry overnight.
- Put hot glue on one side of a Lifesaver then center it on your cardstock or handmade paper. If you want to decorate your egg now is the time to do so, you could use dyed Easter eggs or as I did just run matching ribbon around the egg. Hot glue your blown egg to the Lifesaver with the rounder side down.
- Put a small coil in one end of your wire then push the other end through your fabric circles wrong sides together. Gather them around the coil and using the florist tape secure them as you wind the tape down the wire. Repeat with all three wires, using two fabric circles for each.
- Twist the three wires together. Put some hot glue around the hole in the top of the egg and slip the fabric flowers into the egg.
- Add a short piece of colored pipe cleaner with a kink in the end in the center of each flower.
- Add a ribbon bow at the base and you are ready to make the name cards from matching card stock or handmade paper. Each person can take their favor home. Slip the name tag in between the folds of the flowers.
By LATRTATR from Loup City, NE
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 23, 2017 at 11:41:17 AM on 10.0.2.138 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us