Getting White Clothing White Again

How can I get my white uniform (nurse dress) back to white?

By D. Oatis

Can you use bleach to clean your uniform? If yes, try washing like you usually do with detergent and add bleach.

Don't put it in the dryer, which will set any stain, but try drying it stretched out in the bright sunlight.

My sister swears by this trick.

Good Luck!

I have recently started using Oxyclean instead of bleach in my wash. It whitens and is not as harsh as bleach. It can be used on colors too. It won't yellow the fqbric with blends, such as cotton/poly.

I agree with MartyD.. Use Oxyclean, it is wonderful.

I always used "IRON OUT" for my white nursing uniforms and my families white tees. It is a powder sold at Walmart near the hardware section or paint section.It will amaze you.

If it's just a dingy white color that can't be helped with bleach or Oxyclean, try 'liquid bluing', it's been around since forever! It's in the laundry dept of the store, in a blue bottle. It's a little scary using it at 1st because it is a very dark blue (how could something blue possibly make your clothes white instead of dying it blue?). I believe (haven't used it in awhile) you are supposed to add it to the water & let it agitate before you add the clothing, but it works very well, it makes your white clothing whiter & brighter!

White t-shirts hanging on a clothesline.
Getting Your Whites Really White
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 13, 2011
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Stack of white linens with a white flower resting on top
Cleaning Whites Without Bleach
Distressed woman looking at white towel in laundry room
Whites Aren't White After Washing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
🎉
🎄