Creative Vegetable Stake Ideas

Does anyone have photos of creative ways to stake tomatoes, green peppers, etc.? Thanks.

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By Cindi from Ocala, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I don't have a photo, but I got an inexpensive bag of bamboo stakes at walmart. I take three or four of them, stick them in the ground around my peppers, and then tie the top with the old-fashioned green tie-back non-sticky tape stuff. But if you wanted to be cute, you could use ribbon on top instead! :) You might try a trip to the dollar store, too - there could be some cute things that could be used as stakes there that would be creative.

Bamboo with white ribbons tied in bows with long "tails" fluttering in the wind....

Has anyone used twirling wind flowers or flags from the dollar store?

I don't have pics but I think you can get the idea from my explanation. I cut pvc pipes to desired height according to the growth for vegetable plant. Then drill a few holes several inches apart on each pipe in the same places. Take the pvc pipe cutter and cut ends on an angle to make a point, so it'll easily get hammered into the ground. After they're in the ground, set according to the plant, thread some string (cotton clothes line works best with making knots) through the holes in such a way making them criss-cross making the supports. At times I've use connectors using two smaller pipes to make a longer pole...seems to give it a little more support.

Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesApril 3, 2011
Mashed potatoes with vegetables.
Vegetable Mashed Potato Recipes
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
Uses for Old Briefcases, Worn two strap leather briefcase.
Uses for Old Briefcases
Watering plants in a vegetable garden.
Troubleshooting Your Vegetable Garden
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 9:27:54 AM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.