Organizing Sewing Projects

I have recently made up my mind that I really need to organize my sewing/crafting room. It looks like a cyclone has gone through it LOL! Any way, this is what I have started with:

I bought some XL Ziploc bags and have some gallon size as well. My plan is to gather up all of my different projects that I have bought supplies and patterns for and bag each one. I may even label the bags for future reference.

Next I plan to hang the bags on those hangers that have those "pinch" clips on them and keep them in my closet until ready to work on. This should clear up a lot of space and allow me much more flexibility when sewing and/or crafting.

By Judy from Birmingham, AL

Save the clear plastic zippered cases that blankets, tablecloths, or sheet sets come in and you have a see through organizer for sewing and craft projects.

My summer goal is to organize my sewing room. So far I've found 3 pairs of pants and a top that I forgot I even had- they need hemming and were buried under things ..... wonder what treasures I"ll come up with today! I'm using large plastic totes to put things it- one for all the yarn I"ve accumulated, one for pieces of felt I was given, one for ribbons.... my sister calls me a packrat- she could be right.

Good idea.

Put the date you hang it up on the bag. How long are you willing to "hang" on to it?

Did everyone know that you can purchase 2 gallon bags with zipper closure at local Target stores? They are sturdy and great for yarn balls or to protect organize fabric squares or scrapbook items. Hope it helps

Craft Scissors and Paper
Organizing Craft Projects
Organizing CraftsAugust 2, 2006
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
fabric Christmas decorations: rocking horse, stocking and hearts
Easy Christmas Decoration Sewing Projects
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
🎄