What is This?

What is this item? I found it in a box of misc. stuff from an estate. There are six of these. Does anyone have any idea what they are or what they are used for? Thanks.

By Sherrye from GA

It looks like it might fit on some kind of rack to hold multiple pairs of shoes.

it is called a saddle and it is for the top of a tomb stone on which you can attach styrofoam and flowers.

The post by tina72 is correct it is a saddle and it is for the top of a tomb stone on which you can attach Styrofoam and flowers. I buy these quite often and make flower arrangements for my moms tomb stone.

Hi, they are flower holders that can so over a mail box or a headstone. Get a piece of styro foam and place it right in the center and wire it down. this is when the sides are up. turn it over and place artificial flowers in them. I did mine in a Christmas theme with pine then decorated it. Place it on top of your mailbox and push the sides under. Wire it on mail box. You can make different ones for different occasions. You can also use these on stair cases. Enjoy

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 28, 2009