4th of July Craft Stick Star with Streamers
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
July 2, 2020
The Fourth of July is right around the corner. Make these cute star ribbon hanging decorations for indoor/outdoor.
This concept could also be applied for birthday parties (color to your theme), baby showers, or just for a fun room decoration piece.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- craft sticks
- hot glue
- assorted ribbons
- wire cutter
- copper craft wire
- You'll need 5 popsicle sticks to achieve star shape. Hot glue pieces together.
- You can leave the star as is if you're making this for a fun (room decoration, party decoration) and not Fourth of July themed, however since mine is for Fourth of July - I painted them with blue and red using the dabbing cotton technique.
- Cut assorted ribbons in lengths of the same size (or your desired lengths).
- Hot glue the ribbon to the back of the star. Then thread a ribbon through the top of the star and tie a knot (then it's ready to hang).
- Optional - if you want this to twirl around, you can make a coil by wrapping copper wire over a pen/pencil.
- Hand form a hook.
- Then, close up the bottom as pictured.
- Afterwards you'll tie a knot from the ribbon to the hook. Since this one will spin around, I recommend painting the back of the star also.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.