4th of July Craft Stick Star with Streamers
The Fourth of July is right around the corner. Make these cute star ribbon hanging decorations for indoor/outdoor.
This concept could also be applied for birthday parties (color to your theme), baby showers, or just for a fun room decoration piece.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- craft sticks
- hot glue
- assorted ribbons
- wire cutter
- copper craft wire
- You'll need 5 popsicle sticks to achieve star shape. Hot glue pieces together.
- You can leave the star as is if you're making this for a fun (room decoration, party decoration) and not Fourth of July themed, however since mine is for Fourth of July - I painted them with blue and red using the dabbing cotton technique.
- Cut assorted ribbons in lengths of the same size (or your desired lengths).
- Hot glue the ribbon to the back of the star. Then thread a ribbon through the top of the star and tie a knot (then it's ready to hang).
- Optional - if you want this to twirl around, you can make a coil by wrapping copper wire over a pen/pencil.
- Hand form a hook.
- Then, close up the bottom as pictured.
- Afterwards you'll tie a knot from the ribbon to the hook. Since this one will spin around, I recommend painting the back of the star also.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.