PoultryRecipes

Bacon Wrapped Pesto Chicken

Vote for this contest contender!

Here is another quick and easy toaster oven meal paired with farfelle tossed with pesto. This is actually my first attempt of baked bacon wrapped pesto chicken and I love how it tasted. Wrapping the bacon makes the chicken very moist and juicy.

Side note: You can totally make this for parties when chicken breast is on sale and in a large scale, bake in your oven.

Optional: If your chicken breast is not sliced thinly you can pound the meat but I ended up not doing so because my slices were thin.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 15-20 minutes

Total Time: 25-30 minutes

Yield: 2-3 people

1. Slice your chicken breasts in half and marinate with dash of salt and pepper.
  2. Using your choice of bacon, cut 3 bacon pieces into 6 pieces. These will be used to wrap the chicken.
  3. Spread pesto on each chicken breast.
  4. I was low on mozzarella, so I only put a little on each.
  5. Begin to wrap chicken breast, and then wrap bacon around. Using wood skewer to keep in place (I ended up cutting the wood skewer smaller).
  6. Line your baking tray with foil and spray olive oil, or coat with a little olive oil. Bake your wrap at 450 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until ready. In the meantime, you can prepare a side dish (for me was the farfelle tossed with pesto).