Pesto Chicken Potato Patties
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 23, 2018
This is one of my latest favourite high protein foods that I reach for when I don't feel like having bread or pasta. These chicken patties have plain mashed potatoes added to them to satiate my need for carbs. I've added a couple tablespoons of pesto to the mix to give it some depth. You can absolutely have these in a burger, but I prefer them with a big fresh salad!
In this version, I used cooked leftover chicken that I ground up myself. If you're going to use raw ground meat, fry them for a couple minutes longer on each side. If you'd like to skip using the frying pan, cook the patties in a preheated oven at 375 F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 7 oz potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 oz cooked ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- cooking oil
- Cover potatoes with water in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, simmer, and cook until a fork very easily pierces soft potatoes.
- Drain potatoes and mash until there are no big lumps.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken and egg together until well combined.
- Stir in the pesto.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Using your hands, form into patties.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat, then add the patties. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until thoroughly browned. If you started with raw meat for your patties, cook longer.
- Drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, or serve with condiments.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.