PoultryRecipes

Pesto Chicken Potato Patties

This is one of my latest favourite high protein foods that I reach for when I don't feel like having bread or pasta. These chicken patties have plain mashed potatoes added to them to satiate my need for carbs. I've added a couple tablespoons of pesto to the mix to give it some depth. You can absolutely have these in a burger, but I prefer them with a big fresh salad!

In this version, I used cooked leftover chicken that I ground up myself. If you're going to use raw ground meat, fry them for a couple minutes longer on each side. If you'd like to skip using the frying pan, cook the patties in a preheated oven at 375 F for 25 to 30 minutes.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 6 minutes

Total Time: 21 minutes

Yield: 3-4 servings

1. Cover potatoes with water in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
  2. Lower heat, simmer, and cook until a fork very easily pierces soft potatoes.
  3. Drain potatoes and mash until there are no big lumps.
  4. In a bowl, mix the chicken and egg together until well combined.
  5. Stir in the pesto.
  6. Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
  7. Using your hands, form into patties.
  8. Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat, then add the patties. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until thoroughly browned. If you started with raw meat for your patties, cook longer.
  9. Drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, or serve with condiments.

This sounds interesting. I love potato cakes so this is a new twist I'll have to try. I like "easy"....

I do too :) Especially when I'm juggling so many family members and .. myself!