Baking Cupcakes in Coffee Filters?

I am wanting to know if it possible to bake a cupcake in a paper coffee filter? I am wanting to bake a large cupcake and I can only find the regular size of a paper cupcake liners. Sincerely needing help.

Juanna

Answers:

Baking Cupcakes in Coffee Filters?

Try it! Cake mix in a box is dirt cheap. I wouldn't be afraid to try it. Not sure what you would use to hold the coffee filter while it bakes, maybe a metal bowl with straight sides :) Let us know if it works. (09/23/2005)

By

Baking Cupcakes in Coffee Filters?

I am a baker and have to tell you that I have used coffee filters for baking. The only difference is, is that you have to grease the filters before adding the mix. You also have to stand them in something to hold them. What I have used are tuna cans to hold them in while baking. Just wash them out good with lemon juice. I have also used a round cake pan and let each one rest alongside the other. Oh! I also bake in coffee cans for different items. (09/25/2005)

By Carolyn

Baking Cupcakes in Coffee Filters?

Someone makes a jumbo muffin paper liner. My mom was looking for them, couldn't find them, then I was at the cake/candy supply store, and found a couple of packages on the shelf. (10/03/2005)

By Aleta