Uses for Coffee Filters

Category Reusing
There are so many uses for coffee filters besides making coffee. They are great for cleaning, crafts, and organizing items just to name a few. This is a page about uses for coffee filters.

Save on paper towels by using round coffee filters instead. They are the size of your hand which is the area you generally use on a paper towel. You can buy filters unbleached too, if you prefer. You get plenty per pack for a dollar and they have a million uses.

As I use them I just set out a new s "section" (they are sort of packaged in layers), on the counter so they are right where I need them.

Source: I changed coffee pots and had plenty left over that I just started to grab

By Darlene from Chicago, IL

Coffee filters are a very thrifty product to have in your kitchen. Not only for filtering the grounds on coffee, but try opening a few on your plate to drain fries and other fried foods. Also excellent to use to clean windows and mirrors. Good to use to dust. I also use to cover food in the microwave. I bet you can now think of other ways to use these cheap circles.

By Meemaw

The silicon cap ended up missing but I'm not going to let that stop me. A rubberband and a coffee filter later and I was enjoying my treat!

Coffee Filter For Missing Popcorn Popper Lid

As odd as it sounds, I keep a package of the round coffee filters in my quake kit.

Who would have ever thought you needed a coffee filter to eat BBQ? Well, the last time I was eating BBQ I got so fed up with my paper napkin sticking to my fingers I decided to go to war with the sticky BBQ sauce and found that using a paper coffee filter worked great.

Use for coffee filters, other than making coffee.

If you run out of bags for using loose tea, use a coffee filter. Place the amount of tea you need for a pot or a cup, into the center of the filter.

Gather the filter up over the tea and tie it closed with a piece of string.

I always put my spent coffee grinds around my flowers anyway, but started ripping the used filter halfway through then centering them around the base of my plants to keep down weeds and also keep roots moist. It's working great. The filters are safe and let water through, but keep out weed growth!

coffee filter around base of plant

Putting a coffee filter in each pot or pan before stacking will keep them from scratching each other while in storage.

I found after buying a new coffee pot having 2 different size filters. The cone size filters are great as a popsicle holder to prevent drips on hands and clothes.

Line dinner plates with coffee filters to dry flower and garden seeds. When the seeds are dry, discard the coffee filters and store the seeds in a container lined with coffee filters.

We use coffee filters for individual snack holders. They are cheaper than paper plates and soak up any grease. They work well for a movie night with popcorn.

You can write fun messages or jokes on the bottom of the liner and when the snack is gone, they'll have something fun to read.

Instead of preparing a baking pan in the standard way, oil as usual and press a coffee filter into the bottom of the pan.

Put cheap coffee filters (often 200 for a $1 here) to use as taco holders. Hold the taco in it to your mouth as you would without it and it catches the"fall out"! Quite a lot less expensive than napkins!

For health reasons we like to use natural brown filters in our 4 cup coffee maker. But often only bleached white filters are available at the store.

So we buy the larger brown 8-12 cup size and cut them down.

Our church has concessions at various auctions. When we sell a sandwich, we have found it very easy to give to a customer wrapped in a cofee filter. Just fold in half and place sandwich inside.

A while back, I ran out of clean plates, paper towels, napkins, and paper plates. The only other option that I had, was a cone coffee filter.

After reading numerous posting here I've been saving coffee grounds, egg shells, veggie peels, etc. My question is how can I reuse the coffee filters? Thanks in advance.

By Keeper from Blue Ridge Mts., NC

Answers

I use new coffee filters at the bottom of pot where the drainage holes are. I place one or two over the holes and then the soil. I never thought of using a used one but will try it next time. It could work.

I use mine in the bottom of pots when planting to keep the dirt from coming out the bottom of the pot. I put gravel in the pot first then the filters then the potting soil. Good for drainage.

I have been putting the filters in my compost pile for years. Poke some holes in them or cut with scissors for faster decomposing if you wish. They don't breakdown as quickly as organic material like vegetable scraps. I also put undyed papertowels & napkins in the pile as long as they don't have grease on them. I turn the pile with a pitch fork & poke more holes which helps.

I wash them with soapy water, rinse well, and reuse them for another pot of coffee. They work fine! After 2nd using I use them for the bottoms of garden pots, and the best is put one in the filter cone holder, fill with yoghurt, set the whole thing on a jar, or smaill coffee pot, cover with a wet paper towel, and let it sit in the fridge for 24-hours. You have the American version of Greek Yoghurt. Use it for slathering on English Muffins or toast, dollop in hot soup, or just eat it with some sliced fruit a top. Excellent! And you can use the whey for soups, mashed potatoes or when you need to thin batters, etc.

What are various uses of coffee filters?

By nfeeney from Bergen County, NJ

You can cut down on washing messy pet food dishes by lining them with inexpensive coffee filters. This is a page about coffee filters as pet dish liners.

Coffee filter lining a pet dish

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Load More

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 16, 2011
🌻
😎
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Coffee-Filters-1.html