Coffee Filters Instead Of Paper Towels

Save on paper towels by using round coffee filters instead. They are the size of your hand which is the area you generally use on a paper towel. You can buy filters unbleached too, if you prefer. You get plenty per pack for a dollar and they have a million uses.

• Wiping out and dry my cats dishes, picking up hairballs etc. They don't fall apart like paper does.

• Cleaning my TV screen and mirrors, they don't leave dust.

• Instead of buying disinfectant wipes, you can make your own solution and use the filter to clean any surface pretty much. Great on faucets and stainless sinks.

• You can also cover your water bottles with one before you refill it. Not a complete filter but better than none.

• You can wet and put a dab of fabric softener on them and toss them in the dryer to freshen sweaters, etc.

• Great for messy spoons during cooking.

As I use them I just set out a new s "section" (they are sort of packaged in layers), on the counter so they are right where I need them.

Source: I changed coffee pots and had plenty left over that I just started to grab

By darli1115 from Chicago, IL

Wow if the coffee filters are cheaper than paper towels. Sounds a darn good idea to me that I will for sure be usin'. Thanks, man.

I use kitchen roll to do these jobs. In Europe coffee filters are no way cheaper than this. Even the cheapest ones are about $1.50 for 40! Many things that are cheap in the US are very expensive in Europe eg gasoline which is now up between $8-10 per gallon.