Bruschetta Inspired Tomato, Basil & Garlic Topping
Here is a quick and easy bruschetta inspired recipe that I have been loving for an appetizer or quick snack! For an extra touch pair with brie and salami.
*Yield varies depending on bread size and how much you scoop. The bread I used today was an extra large french bread (from Vons) so I was able to make 6 pieces.
Feel free to make any adjustments to your liking. This is a flexible recipe!
Prep Time: 3 minutes
- 1 tomato
- olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese
- Dash of black pepper
- Peel 3 cloves of garlic. Mince 2 cloves and 1 clove will be used to rub your bread (if you love garlic, feel free to mince more).
- Dice tomato and chop basil (I am growing basil indoors so I used some green basil and purple basil).
- Add all ingredients in a small bowl with dash of black pepper.
- Add in your desired amount of Parmesan cheese, some olive oil and mix together with a spoon.
- Toast bread and then rub bread (especially the edges with the garlic clove). Optional - cut slice of brie.
- Top off with tomato, basil, garlic topping. Enjoy with side of salami, crackers and some wine if you'd like.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!