I burnt something in my microwave and I am trying suggestions from the site. I also have the problem of the smell being in my apartment and have only one window to open for fresh air. I have used candles, air fresheners, and running my ceiling fan with the window open. I cannot breathe. I just put dish soap and borax in the microwave like someone suggested, because that is what I have on hand. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Take a bowl and boil some vinegar in the microwave, then let it cool in there. Just let the vinegar fumes stay in the house, too. Don't spray anything to get rid of them overnight. I did this in my garage where I used to go to smoke in the winter. I am smoke free now and it worked with the residual smell in the garage. It doesn't get cheaper than that. (07/24/2009)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!