Caulking Around a Bathtub

I need some advice on how to apply caulking around my tub, I've done it 2 times in the last 6 months and it continues to crack. I've left it to dry 24 hours, filled the tub for weight and it continues to taunt me. Please give me a hand.

Thank you,
Angie

Answers:

Caulking Around a Bathtub

I had the same problem. Be sure to get silicone caulk, it seems to set better and doesn't take nearly as long to dry. Look for the kind that can be used outside around windows. If it's good enough for rain, it's good enough for the tub. I haven't had any problems with mine since. (04/27/2005)

By vryerse

Caulking Around a Bathtub

I agree with vryerse. Make sure the caulk is 100% silicone and it will not crack or allow water to get in. It comes in various colors so you can match the tub if it isn't white. (04/27/2005)

By alobarbear

Caulking Around a Bathtub

I agree, 100% silicone caulk. To make a nice caulk joint spray mist some glass cleaner or water on the caulk joint and smooth out the joint with your finger. Wipe your finger off on a paper towel as you pick up the excess caulking. Do it right away before the caulking starts to set up. (04/27/2005)

By Bill