Caulking Around a Sink

Category Helpful Hints
After installing your new sink you will want to finish the job by caulking around the sink to prevent water from getting between the sink and the wall or countertop. This is a guide about caulking around the sink.

Before caulking around a sink put masking tape around the edge leaving a gap of about a quarter of an inch. Place caulk around edge and wipe soapy fingers over caulk to form seam. Pull tape off and you will have a clean caulking job.

By Louise H.

By tambi (Guest Post)

What a great idea, caulking is one of my worst projects ever, I've even bought hte tape stuff only to find it doesn't last in high traffic bathrooms; can't wait to try this

I agree that is a great idea. When I had to calk around my tub and toilet after installing new vinyl, I used a trick I'd seen on QVC. I did'nt want to buy the expensive gadget they had for forming the "percect" look and I never can get the neat look using my fingers so I went to my kitchen and got the plastic "scrubbie" you use to clean the stoneware pans and practiced with all four corners till I got the "perfect" ridge I wanted and the best part is you can stop and start and you don't see any seams-just one long smooth line! And all you have to do is wash the scrubbie and back to the kitchen it goes!

By Mark (Guest Post)

I don't see how a scubbie can give you a perfect ridge? Isn't the scrubbie pliable...then how would get it to shape the ridge? Maybe I need to shop for scrubbies and I'll see the one you're talking about.

Thanks,

Mark