PoultryRecipes

Champagne Chicken

I made this delicious chicken dish with leftover sparkling wine from my Mother's Day mimosas and a couple of pantry staples. It was very easy and the chicken turned out tender and flavorful. I will definitely make this again.

I used 2 packages of chicken tenderloins from Costco.

1. Saute garlic in oil, then brown chicken for 2-3 minutes a side. Remove chicken from the pan.
  2. Using the champagne, deglaze the pan. Add the chicken back in and bring to a simmer.
  3. Cook the chicken in champagne mixture for about 30 minutes.

Online, there are many variations of this recipe. I used Italian seasoning because it is what I had on hand, but thyme or herbes de Provence would have been more fitting with the champagne. I have also seen many recipes that call for sauteeed mushrooms and onions, and the addition of a thickening roux or cream. That would be perfect with rice or over pasta. Treat this recipe as a jumping off point and tell us how it turns out.