Fourth of JulyCrafts

Chenille Stem Firework and Star Decorations

Vote for this contest contender!

I love chenille stems. They are so cheap and versatile. I made these up today. Sorry they are a bit late.

Total Time: 1-2 hours

Yield: 5 or more

1. With the colors and amounts you want, I joined them in the middle. This can be tricky so you can glue them if you want.
  2. When you are working with a fireworks design, you can get pretty creative. I wanted three styles. I went for the bent kind, first. This seemed more like they were in real life. I glued a pretty button on the front.
  3. The next one was a spiral shape, made with the pen you just wrap the stem around.
  4. The last was a bit of a show off. I made the bent shapes, but added three star shaped stems by shaping them to a cookie cutter. I love this one the best.
  5. With the fireworks done, I made a couple stars embellished with the stems. These stars were left over from the place mat crafts I posted a few weeks back. It's really hard to divide three into five so there was a bit of repetition, but they still came out pretty cool.
  6. I hung them outside on the wall just for photos. You can hang them outside but it should not be hot or even mildly hot. I would suggest inside for fun! N-JOY!!
  7. Ad

Very cute! I like how this decoration piece turned out. :)

Thanks for that! I love making things kids can help with too!