Chicken Cordon Bleu
I just felt like being creative with what I had, so I defrosted some chicken breast, which turned out being large tenders. Had a few slices of ham and provolone cheese. When everything was laid out to be prepared, I was shocked by the results!
- 1 package of boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- A basting brush
- 1 slice per piece of chicken/ of ham and provolone cheese
- 2 Toothpicks, for each piece
- Chicken flavored rice as a side dish*
*I like to add chives, a bit of minced garlic and black pepper to my rice.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- Remove chicken and rinse in cold water and pat dry. Lay out on a prep surface.
- Melt butter, add garlic, basil and black pepper. Stir with the basting brush. Baste all sides of chicken, put aside leftover butter
- Take 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese, place on top of each other, and fold into a square. Place it in the middle of the chicken tender.
- Take one end of the chicken, bring it to the middle and put a toothpick in it. Take the other end and bring it to the center and put a toothpick in it.
- Place it in a square glass cooking dish. Continue until all the chicken is prepared. Then baste the remaining butter over the top of the chicken.
- Put in oven for 30 minutes. You can check to see if the chicken is pink.
- Serve with chicken flavored rice, spiced up with chives, basil and black pepper!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.