Chicken Pesto Pasta
This is a light fresh colorful combination of flavors that taste so sweet, yet a bit spicy!
- 1 lb fresh chicken breast, boneless & skinless (cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup Greek salad dressing/marinade
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, thick shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 8 small fresh asparagus tips
- 4-5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 head of Savoy cabbage, shredded thin
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 packet pesto seasoning
- 1 (14 oz can) chicken broth
- 1 can water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- seasonings; start with a 1/4 tsp of each, then taste test.. black pepper, season salt, minced garlic, minced onion, & oregano
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Cut up chicken and put it in a zip up bag with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Using a deep covered skillet, pour chicken and marinade into a hot skillet. Toss it and turn until all sides are golden brown.
- Add all the seasonings. Stir, add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil and then let it simmer.
- Add, carrots, green peppers, tomatoes, basil, and asparagus, stirring well.
- Meanwhile, put on the water for pasta and cook the angel hair. When cooked, drain, add butter and cover.
- Add cabbage and baby spinach stir in gently. Cover for 5 minutes. It is now ready to serve.
- Serve with the pasta in a deep dish bowl. Put spoonfuls of chicken and vegetables and sauce over it. I added a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and it tasted wonderful. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.