Circus Themed Dance Ideas

What are some ideas for a circus rally/dance theme?

Nicole from Montclair, CA

Answers:

Circus Themed Dance Ideas

When I think of circuses, I think of clowns, balloons, and of course animals like lions and elephants. Balloons aren't usually too expensive, and I'm sure you could get a helium thingy to make them float. Check at your local party supply store for these items. They might also have some ideas to share.

People can dress in costumes, like the Ringmaster, the Strong Man, the High-wire walker, etc. And of course, don't forget the clowns! For food, think of food you'd find at a circus: peanuts, popcorn, and cotton candy. If you can't find animal posters or cutouts, you could add animal crackers to the food list.

Of course, if you really want to go all-out, you could look into creating the "Big Top" effect, either with an actual tent, or with large sheets, depending on your budget. Again depending on your budget and resources, I'm sure you could find some circus (calliope) music to play in the background the entire time, or periodically. Hope I've been of some help. Best to you! (01/07/2009)

By JustPlainJo