Cleaning Dirty Glazer Work Clothes

Both my sons are glazers (window installers) and they both get this black stuff (suko) on their clothes. This stuff gets everywhere, but when it's dry it's almost rubbery. How can I get it out of their clothes? It looks a lot worse than the pics show.

Best Answer

Lestoil is a cleaner that many people use who work in dirty occupations.

Where would I get this?

Best Answer

i googled 'suko' but found nothing useful. I interpret this stuff as tar, or as some sort of oil-based substance.

I have been an oil painter for years and in the end, the only thing I could do was use turpentine or turpatine, or any other kind of oil-paint removing substance. The Turpatine product might be better because it has no odour.

www.kleanstrip.com/.../turpatine

Then you can use special soap such as Pink Soap or oil painters soap on your hands to get it off

YOu could also look at this tutorial for how to get rid of tar from clothing - www.howtocleanstuff.net/.../

some things they say are

- never use heat, in fact, use an ice cube if its stuck on there
- different oils or oily products (from vegetable to WD 40)

You might try freezing it, scraping it off using scissors, and then using alcohol to remove as much of the stain as possible. But, if this is a daily problem, it would be an all consuming job to remove this amount of suko daily.

i earched and found hand sanitzer... as a possible solution ... my husband uses gasoline for things like htis but be ery careful and do in a ventiliated area...

and wash thoroughly right after. and as with any comments from others use your own best sense when choosing :( good luck

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 22, 2017
🐛
📓
😎
🌻