Cleaning Pet Hair Off Wood Floors

Category Pets
A vacuum is often the best way to get all the dog or cat hair picked up off your floor. This is a guide about cleaning pet hair off wood floors.

Is there a broom or type of broom that can adhere to pet hair? I am looking for one that can be used to pick up hair from hardwood floors?

By Robert from Cincinnati, OH

Answers

Best Answer

Living with dogs most of my life I found the best thing for hair pick up was a small sized shop vac! Make sure it has the flat floor attachment with it when you get one. Works great!

Best Answer

My husband bought me a Swiffer Vac and it's the absolute best in getting pet hair off of hardwood floors! As it sucks up the hair it also has a pad that picks up the rest. Can't say enough good things about it.

Best Answer

Rubber brooms are the best. They pick up pet hair like a magnet. They are hard to find in stores, though. You could try Bed, Bath, & Beyond or order one online.

Next best thing, other than a vacuum, would be a microfiber mop. But make sure the microfiber is of high quality or it will be useless. Spend the money on a good quality mop that has spilt thread microfiber. The more threads per square inch, the better. The ones that have a flat side and a loopy side work quite well for numerous chores.

Best Answer

As a retired cleaning lady I have tried them all. My favorite is the Hoover Flair stick vacuum. It is light and easy to maneuver. You would need to find it online. My second favorite is a cottom dust mop. It is very effective except for having to occasionally wash the mophead.

My new rescue terrier is shedding; how do I clean wood floors? When the afternoon sun comes it, it is just awful. I have tried the vacuum and a Swiffer. What else is available?

By J H M

Answers

Best Answer

Have you tried an old fashioned cloth mop, it was called a dust mop in my day, I have three cats in a house with no carpet, I just sweep the floors daily with an anti-static broom, seems to pick it up no problem. If the dog is shedding that badly you might have to have him/her clipped at the groomers.

Best Answer

Just think if you had carpet you would never notice this. I have the same problem with my wood floor. I sweep or vac up the hair every day. I also use a wide anti static mircofiber flip mop which works very well. The cloth is machine washable and reuseable. There are several different brands on the market. Mine is O'Ceder.

It is just something that dogs do. Some shed more than others. There will always be some hair. I love my dogs so I don't find cleaning up the hair an inconvenience.

Best Answer

Make sure to brush your dog every day, this will help. Also, animals tend to shed more in the Spring. Hopefully it won't be so bad when Summer arrives.