Cleaning a Moldy Refrigerator

We had to store our items in storage for about 3 months. My refrigerator was stored with the doors closed and it is overrun with mold and smells terrible. What is the best way to clean this?

KH from Ellabell, GA

Answers:

Removing Strong Odor from Moldy Refrigerator

During Hurricane Ike I lost some meat and chicken in my freezer. I tried many things and as a last resort I hosed my freezer and fridge with Febreze. It took away all the odor and the Febreze odor of spring flowers dissipated in a day or two. (03/15/2009)

By Marty Dick

This is too late for you, but might help others: when my son and family emigrated, the packers advised putting a few teabags in all the white goods. He said this prevented the odours developing.
Re: your problem, try washing freezer out with bicarbonate of soda. (03/17/2009)

By marion davidson

📓
🌻
🎂