Cleaning Black Refrigerator Doors

Category Appliances
This is a guide about cleaning black refrigerator doors. A vinegar solution seems to be one of the best ways to prevent streaks and smudges when cleaning refrigerator doors.

I have a GE refrigerator that is about 4 years old. The front doors are black. I think the surface is like a "vinyl" type. They are the type that won't show fingerprints. What is the best way to clean them? When the sun shines on the doors I see all the water marks left by my rag that I used to clean them. Help.

By Barbara from Dallas, TX

Answers

Best Answer

Try using vinegar or a vinegar/water mix. Make sure to dry it well. I have a cooktop that only looks good if I clean it with straight vinegar and buff dry with paper towels. No smears or streaks!

Best Answer

I use white (clear) vinegar. Then I put one drop (only 1) of liquid dish washing detergent. Add the water, half water half vinegar and shake well, pour on a soft cotton rag, and wash, wash, wash and polish with a clean cotton rag.

Don't let it dry, polish it dry. it works.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I used to have an all black refrigerator that was the kind that did not have the finger smudge proof coating. After wet wipe cleaning just wipe again with a dry non terry cloth type of cotton towel.

Best Answer

I agree with the vinegar and water mix.
But you might try crumbled up newspaper instead of a cloth.
Use the newsprint tho, not the glossy ads.
It will make your appliances sparkle just like it does for windows.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I use armorall. It hides the sins