Cover Sliding Glass Doors to Keep Your Home Cool

Category Weatherizing
Windows and large sliding glass doors allow the heat from outside to warm up the interior of your home. You will be amazed that how much cooler it will be inside if you cover the glass. There are products made for this purpose or you can improvise and use black plastic trash bags. This is a page about cover sliding doors to keep your home cool.

Keep your house cooler by putting trash bags on sliding doors when it is hot and sunny outside. My sliding door lets a huge amount of sun and heat in in the morning. I use those large black yard waste trash bags to block the sun and heat. Painters tape will hold the bag. I only need two pieces at the top. When the area is shady I just take the bag down and fold it up to reuse. I stick the painters tape to the sides of the door frame and reuse it also. I am sure it would work the same if you get evening sunlight. Standing outside on a sunny day, you can't even tell it is there.

By ann from Saint Peters, MO

Home and Garden Home Improvement WeatherizingJune 20, 2018
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cover-Sliding-Glass-Doors-to-Keep-Your-Home-Cool.html