Cooktop Cleaner for Bathtub Stains

Category Bathroom
A clean tub after stains have been removed.
The cleaner used for ceramic cooktops works very well for other cleaning jobs such as a dirty bathtub. This is a guide about cooktop cleaner for bathtub stains.

Today I tried bleaching, Oxiclean, and Lysol foam cleaner. Nothing worked. I wish I had taken a before picture. I decided to try the cleaner that I use to clean my ceramic cook-top. It worked. Right before my eyes, the dirt came clean.

I figured if it could clean grease off the cook-top it could dissolve body oils too. I bought it my local grocery store. It is a paste like cleaner and comes in a tub similar to car wax. It also comes with a small scrubbing sponge. The brand name is Carbona Ceramic Cooktop Power Cleaner. I did have to use the sponge that came with it a scrub a little, but it came off in minutes.

Top Comment

Linda, Bar Keepers Friend cleanser found in the cleaning aisle in a shaker can will work wonders. I used to use it when I did new construction cleaning. Works great!

Top Comment

Hi Linda! I used to have an acrylic bathtub and I used water softener powder. Pour it on a sponge and scrub away! Your tub will be clean and smooth, so smooth in fact, you need to make sure you don't slip. The results lasted about 2-3 weeks.

Top Comment

What is your tub made of? I could see some of the stove and oven cleaners harming fiberglass or plastic tubs. But on the porcelon coated iron ones that would work great.

What kind of finish is your bathtub? I have an acrylic tub that is grungy and nothing seems to work. I'm afraid to use any kind of abrasive cleaner on it for fear of scratching it. Thank you.