Cattle (Cow) Photos

Do you still point out cattle when you are driving on a road trip? Cows have a lot of personality and are fun to photograph. Here are photos submitted by some of our users. If you are a cow enthusiast, plop your udderly cute cow and cattle photos here.

16 Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

These photos are from my friend who lives in Illinois. She shared them with me so that I could share them with our ThriftyFun readers.

This lady does it all. She "runs" a nice farm, spins her own animals' fleece into yarn, bakes all her own bread in a wood stove oven and generally lives a very simple, happy life.

The highlight of her days is usually something to do with her many animals. She has a heifer named Katie who just gave birth to a first calf. Turns out the baby calf is a darling little bull calf and his name is Kingsford. He just celebrated his 1 month birthday on August 6. It took him all of 6 hours to find "his own home dairy", but he was standing soon after being born. Amazing!

She also has a male alpaca named Simeron and a beautiful llama named SusieQ. Simeron and SuzieQ both give up their fleece to the shearer so that there is always plenty of the most wonderful fleece to be spun into yarn. Simeron is shown in the background of one photos, just calmly watching the proud new mama checking out her baby.

I look at the photos and almost long to be in a place where we could be living the same type life.

It might be a lot of hard work, but just think of the fun. Every animal is a pet, knows their name and comes a'running when called. One pet is a rooster who divides his time between her yard and a neighboring farm. One evening, he'll be gone and might not show up again for a month. He always comes back for a month or so, then is gone again. It's almost as though he has a plan, known only to him.

By Julia from Boca Raton, FL

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

These are Aberdene Angus Cows. You normally find them in Scotland. That's why they have such thick coats. This was taken on Bodmin Moor, where I drive through to get to the cottage in Polperro. All the animals are free to wander all over the moors. This is the Angus family with their baby.

By Elaine

Editor's Note: The cattle in these photos have been identified as Highland Cattle, a breed found in Scotland.

long haired brown cattle, mom and baby

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

Here is one of my cows all dressed up for the holidays. She wants to moo you to a Merry Christmas an Prosperous New Year 2011.

Patriotic Cow

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

The weather is getting nicer and the animals are enjoying it just as much as we are. I was thinking about taking a swim do to the heat when I drove by these cows and saw they had the same idea!

A pair of cows cooling off in a body of water.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 21

We have had more snow this winter than usual, the new calves started being born in January which was really cold and snowy. When we went for a winter walk, this new born calf was on one side of the fence and his frantic mother on the other.

Black cow and calf.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

This is a picture of my great grandson in our yard this summer. He came with his brother for the day. They enjoy playing in the creek. He started watering my plants and then I guess he decided to cool the cows off.

Boy Spraying Water on Cows

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

This is not my pet, but sweet nonetheless! This is a 2 month old calf. I took my kids to a local historic farm and this sweet baby cow was sleeping, despite all the children clamoring the fences to get a better look!

Baby Cow Sleeping

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Meet Loretta. This little gal was born early this morning. I took this picture when she was about an hour old. Her momma is a Shorthorn, and her daddy is a Black Angus.

Loretta (Angus/Shorthorn Mix) - Loretta and mom

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

It's not sexed yet, but due to being born the day before St Patrick's day, the kids plan on naming it either Clover or Patrick. This Charolais calf is just 20 minutes old, born at 4:11 PM on March 16, 2008.

Charolais calf.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

She was born to one of our cows and her mother refused to care for her so we hand raised her and she became our "yard dog".

Reddish brown cow.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I had to laugh after pulling over on the side of a country road by our house, when looking out the passenger window to see a small herd of cows coming over to check me out and make sure everything was OK!

Concerned Neighbors (Cows)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

I thought they looked so cute the way they were looking at us. The field was full of them but the other one ran away from us. We were out for a drive and spotted them on our way back.

A collection of cows in a grassy field.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

If I would have tried to get my 3 bulls to line up by size, they would of never done it. But, a few days ago, they walked around all day long in the pasture single file, by size. I have not seen them do that before or since, but I did get a photo when I was back checking fences.

Bull Parade (Angus and Shorthorn Mix)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This day old Holstein calf managed to slip under the electric fence and into the pumpkin patch for a nap in the sun. I work at Ballinger Farm Crazy Maze here in east Tennessee in the fall, teaching the school children that come there on field trips all about dairy cows, milk, and milk products.

calf sleeping in a pumpkin patch

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes
Load More
Photos FarmApril 23, 2014
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cow-Photos.html