Creating a Shortcut Desktop Icon for a Website

I want to put an icon on the bottom of my screen for Facebook and Pinterest so I can click on it and go straight there. How do I do that?

By Nancy Y.

I can't believe this question has gone unanswered for a year and a half. If you are running Windows, go to the website for which you want a shortcut. Left click on the symbol in the address bar just before www. The symbol may be a lock if there is https before the www. Hold down the left mouse button and drag the symbol to your desktop. Then release the mouse button. You now have a short cut on your desktop for that website. From there, you can move the short cut anywhere you want it.