Father's Day Hand Print Remote Holder
Dad will treasure this gift for a long time while enjoying the practical usage as well. This is a page about Father's Day handprint remote holder.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I helped my kids make these remote holders for Father's Day gifts. They are a fun gift that can be on display all year long and lend a "helping hand" to someone special!
Approximate Time: About 1 hr.
- 1 yd. lightweight denim fabric (yields up to 5 holders)
- fabric paint
- puff paint
- sewing machine
- blue thread
- tape measure
- paint brush
- Prewash and iron your fabric.
- Lay your fabric out and mark out a 10 1/2 inch strip, lengthwise, with the grain. The strip will measure 10 1/2 inches x 36 inches. (You can make up to 5 holders from one yard of fabric.)
- On one end of the strip turn the edge under (wrong sides together) to make a 1/2 inch hem. On the other end, the pocket end, turn the fabric up (right sides together) to make a 1/2 inch hem. Pin your seams in place and then sew them. Tie off your thread ends.
- On the "pocket end" fold the fabric up (right sides together) 7 inches to form the pocket. Pin in place.
- On the long edges of the holder, turn edges under to make a 1/2 inch hem. Pin in place and sew them. Tie off your thread ends.
- Iron all of your hems flat. Then snip the hem corners off at an angle, this helps it lay flatter.
- On the pocket, measure to the mid-line. Lightly mark with a pencil. Sew from the bottom of your pocket to the top, along the mid-line marks. Next either back stitch or tie off your thread ends. This creates two compartments for your remote controls.
- Now you are ready to decorate. I chose to put my kids' hand prints on the holders using fabric paint. I put paint on their hands using a paintbrush and then helped them put their hand prints onto the pocket. I used puff paint to write "Happy Father's Day" on the pocket.
- Remember to let your holder dry flat for at least 24 hours!
- Optional: You can add a small pocket to the other end and add rice, beans, or sand to keep it from sliding off the couch.