Finding a Controller for a Pre-lit LED Christmas Tree

This is a guide about finding a controller for a pre-lit led Christmas tree. Pre-lit LED Christmas trees typically come with a remote that allows you to adjust certain features, such as the color. Without the remote, you likely can't make any of these changes. If you are in need of a new remote for your tree, here are a few suggestions on where to find a new one.

Where do I buy a new controller for a new pre-lit LED Christmas tree?

Answers

Best Answer

You can probably get them at places like the Home Depot but you'd want to make sure it worked with yours in particular. I'd ask them for a universal LED remote.

Best Answer

I just checked on a few remote control units for pre-lit Christmas trees. It seems that the biggest seller of pre-lit Christmas trees is Home Depot and Target. I am thinking that you purchased your tree at one of the two markets. If you did, you can go back to these stores and ask the sales representative in this department for assistance.

Otherwise, you can go order a LED light remote from Balsam Hill. This is a unit that has an attachment to the lights on your tree and a remote that controls this unit.

This is the site you can order the unit from: www.balsamhill.com/.../christmas-light-remote-control

Treetime also sells a remote control unit for pre-lit trees. You can order this unit here: www.treetime.com/pre-lit-christmas-tree-remote-control

I can't find out if the replacement remote control units are interchangeable from tree to tree. It is best that you buy a unit from the manufacture of your tree.

I have a Balsam Hills pre-lit tree that had a three way (color, white, and both plus on and off switch). The switch was damaged (my dog ate it) and Balsam has no replacement available.

Where can I find a replacement?

Answers

You could take the part to a large hardware store, and they may have it.

Not really helpful. I have a three way switch .