Homemade Flea Spray Recipe

I had some outdoor cats that brought fleas in the house. My first response was to reach for the chemical sprays and get rid of them ASAP.

I tried 3 different sprays and they made a difference, but nothing got completely rid of them. I sprinkled salt all over the carpet and that didn't stop them either. I found a recipe that worked very well with vacuuming every day for a week. Spray this every 7 days for at least 2 -3 weeks.

Ingredients

Yay, we are flea free now! I hope this helps. You can also spray this on furniture, walls, etc.

Source: I found this recipe online, but can no longer locate the source.

By cabincove from Ft. Worth, TX

Can you spray the witch hazel/vinegar mix right on the dog?

By Jo Sloan M.

Answers

Best Answer

Yes! And the fleas die instantly. I make a flea spray that consists of essential oils that works beautifully. Here's my recipe:

1/2 cup witch hazel
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
12 drops of Lemon Tea Tree (kills fleas and ticks)
4 drops of Eucalyptus (Flea Repellant)
4 drops of Cedarwood (Flea Repellant, Skin and Coat Conditioner)
10 drops of Lavender (anti-bacterial, anti-itch, and calming. This is the best oil to use for about all common animal ailments. It is a great first aid oil soothing to skin irritations, such as rashes and hot spots.)

*Palo Santo is also an excellent essential oil. One drop kills ticks dead. My Boxer had a blood-filled tick latched on to him and my husband wanted to pluck it out. I suggested we try the Palo Santo. We put one drop on the tick and it died and fell off our dog. My husband was blown away. 0=)

Another option for the recipe above is to replace the Lemon Tea Tree and Eucalyptus with 10 drops of Palo Santo instead.

Here's to flea-free pets!!

Answer this Question
Pets FleasDecember 5, 2016
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Flea-Spray-Recipe.html