Foam Bath Mat
This is a mat made out of foam bars and rope. It's made with supplies from the Dollar Store. It's a very frugal version of the mats made with wood bars and metal rods which are more expensive to make.
Total Time: It's made in 4 steps and can take up to two days.
Yield: one mat
- 3 foam kneelers from the Dollar Store
- 1 package rope from the Dollar Store
- sharp knife
- hot glue, optional
- Take one foam kneeler and measure 6" long x 1" wide; mark off the bar with a pencil. Continue until you have marked off 8 bars from one kneeler. Repeat on the remaining two kneelers.
- Use a sharp blade knife and carefully, cutting away from you, cut out all 8 bars 6"x1" each from each kneeler.
- On each bar on the 6" length side, drill a hole 1/2 in. from the ends on each side.
- Line up the bars in a weaving pattern with 5 bars at the ends. So it would start 5 bars, then 4 bars, then 5, then 4, and finally 5. Cut out rope pieces and string through the holes in the bars and tie in a knot at the ends. You can hot glue ends as well. Your mat is ready to use.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!