Framed Button Flower Art
Making colorful flowers from buttons is a fun craft project for young and old alike. Once made, frame and display for continuing enjoyment. This is a page about framed button flower art.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
There are so many crafts that can be created with buttons. Flowers are definitely one of the easiest and most fun to make! You can incorporate this flower craft into the spring theme in the classroom. Or you can create flower designs to give as gifts!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 flower crafts
- 1 piece of white card stock
- 1 small picture frame (4x4 inches)
- hot glue gun
- pen or pencil
- buttons (different colors)
- Take the piece of cardboard out of the frame. Trace it onto the white card stock and cut it out.
- Hot glue the paper square you cut out onto the cardboard square.
- Lay out your buttons to see how you want the flowers to look before you glue them on. Figure out the types, sizes, and colors you like. Once you've decided on a layout, hot glue the buttons onto the white square.
- Put the square back into the picture frame and display!
- If you are having a classroom of kids create flowers, they can simply glue the buttons onto a piece of card stock. I finished using what was left of my original piece. Hot glue works better, so of course younger kids will need help!