Free Educational Materials

Category Education
There are free educational materials available whether you are homeschooling or just trying to enrich your child's learning experiences. This is a guide about free educational materials.

My first grader has this great reading site that he is able to go to for extra practice with reading. They have a bunch of online games and activities. They also have some downloadable pages for writing practice. I print one letter each day for my 4 year old. He loves to fill it out and color the pictures. Here is a photo of him working on "The Letter Of The Day". I recommend this website for anyone with a preschooler or beginning reader. It's fun and free.

Jess in Portland, OR

Link: http://www.starfall.com

Whether you are a teacher, homeschooler, or interested parent, you can find lots of interesting free educational materials from the internet. My husband, the teacher, just received a whole box of materials from the National Institute for Mental Health - including stickers, workbooks, and posters. You can also find free/cheap magazine subscriptions to get your kid reading.

(Sports Illustrated Jr.?) I have found most of these via this freebie website:

You can also go to:

There is even a freebies for teachers site out there on the net.

By pam munro from Los Angeles, CA

We homeschool and I am always looking for sources of free educational material. However, you don't have to be a homeschooling family to do this, just a family or individual who likes to learn!

Our state conservation department has educational materials that are perfect for children, preschoolers, and seniors. And, the best part is, they are free. They have information in both print form and online to help with tree and leaf identification, all about the fish in our state, mushroom hunting, hunting safety, soil conservation, birds of our state, and more. They also have a free monthly magazine, full of colorful photos and wonderful articles that tell all about our great state. I think that if you check with your state department of conservation, you will probably find the same things!

By mom-from-missouri from NW, MO

I have found some excellent sites for parents to get the worksheets that they need or want, and most of them are free to print.

I am a new college student at Bay college in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I am a single mother trying to obtain my LPN. I have no income. Are there any charities or organizations that can help obtaining nursing books for free? Any help is appreciated.

By dragonwings

Answers

I would see if any of your texts are available as ebooks, so you can just download them, much cheaper. You can, of course, buy last year's texts from your student book store or privately from upper class students. I used to sell off my books to make extra $ myself.