Freezing Swiss Chard

How do you do prepare swiss chard for the freezer?

Sandy from Canada, Alberta

Answers:

Freezing Swiss Chard

Just blanch it for about 1 min till it shrinks, bag it or put it in a container and freeze. Isn't it the best? Better than spinach I think. It's great in salads also. (09/01/2006)

By April

Freezing Swiss Chard

I wash, then cover with water and add a good chunk of fatback or bacon, Cook till tender. Allow to cool and package in freezer bags the amount suitable for a meal and freeze. When it is time to eat, I put the chard in a microwave bowl and heat and it is ready to serve.
Joyce (09/02/2006)

By Joyce

Freezing Swiss Chard

We have just eaten some chard that was frozen as picked. Simply washed under running water, thick end of chard stem trimmed and then packaged and frozen. Taken out of freezer and thrown into boiling water to cook. took approx 2 mins to defrost and cook. Tasted great and no texture loss. We froze it approx 3 months ago. Try it - got to be worth giving it a go. (09/03/2006)

By marie (UK)

Freezing Swiss Chard

Parboil for five minutes. or Precook, seasoned or unseasoned, then freeze in Ziplock Freezer Bags. It's one of my most favorite foods and EASY to grow YEAR 'ROUND. I hope to grow more this year. God bless you. (09/04/2006)

By Lynda

📓
🌻
🐛