Swiss Chard Recipes

Category Vegetables
A very nutritious green vegetable, Swiss chard is great in a variety of dishes. This page contains Swiss chard recipes.

Our garden is keeping us supplied in Swiss chard, so I have been cooking it a lot. After tinkering with some recipes, I came up with this one, Everyone loved it!

• A large bunch of Swiss chard
  • 1 - 2 Tbsp. bacon grease or olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • minced garlic to taste
  • Ad

• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Wash the chard well, then cut the stems off. Chop the stems and onion about the same size and saute in bacon fat or olive oil until tender. Add in the minced garlic, the roughly chopped leaves, and the lemon juice. Don't drain the chard too well, you want some of the water on the leaves to go in the pan, up to a few tablespoons. Cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is tender. Add a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and stir it in.

This is good as a side dish or served over pasta.

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

A lentil and chard soup is a vegetarian soup that is so delicious you will want to make it again and again. This is a guide about Italian lentil and Swiss chard soup recipe.

Italian Lentil and Swiss Chard Soup

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Ingredients

• 1 small bag dried navy beans
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 large bunch Swiss chard, chopped

Directions

Soak beans over night in water. Saute diced onions in soup pot with olive oil. Drain beans, add to soup pot. Add water to cover, cook beans until done. Once the beans are done, add the chopped swiss chard and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste

By Liz from Bisbee, AZ

I am looking for recipes for Swiss chard.

By glavern from NC

Answers

I don't have a recipe per se but this is what I do with Swiss Chard. I cut up one pepper, one onion, some chicken tenders, season it and stir fry it in some olive oil. It makes a good and tasty meal. You could serve this over rice too if you so choose. Maybe some others have different recipes but this is my standby.

http://www.recipezaar.com Type swiss chard recipes in the search box. Also I've substituted swiss chard when I've made spinach lasagne. My neighbor has been a vegan for 38 years, she gave me the following non-dairy smoothie recipes.

Health Smoothie Recipe

Fill blender jar 1/2 full of spring water
Swiss chard - 3 big leaves
Spinach to fill blender and pack down
1 apple - core and seeds removed

1 pear - core and seeds removed
1 orange - peeled
2 small bananas - peeled
Small amount of ice cubes

Optional: Add mint, strawberries, blueberries, or kale

Here's a 2nd smoothie recipe

Swiss chard - 3 big leaves
1/2 cup payapa - peeled
1 orange - peeled
1/2 lemon - peeled
Honey - to sweeten
Small amount of ice cubes

Both my neighbor and I own a Vita-Mix high speed blender. The Vita-Mix is such a powerful blender that it finely pulverizes all the ingredients that are added to the blender jar.

I won my Vita-Mixer on an eBay auction and saved a lot of money instead of buying a new one. I have an older Vita-Mix model when they used to make the blender jar out of stainless steel.

I Microwave my Swiss chard it has so much more flavor than when you boil it, I just stripped the main stem from leaves, wash them twice (Mine are homegrown) put them in a salad spinner and get off all the moisture, than pack them as tightly as possible in a glass bowl cover with lid and microwave for 5 minutes or until completely collapsed chopped Add margarine a touch of salt that's all it needs. on occasion I will top with crumbled blue cheese.