Ponds and RockeryGardening

Frog Rock Garden Pond

Photo Description
My Frog Rock Garden was an idea that came from renovating our front yard from a flower bed to a rock garden pond, when we began collecting river rocks from my late sister's home in Arkansas. We brought home many rocks of different sizes and incorporated them into our rock garden pond.

I collected ceramic and resin frogs to give the rock garden pond a whimsical look, along with placing water pumps in two of the frogs to appear that the frogs were spitting into the pond. I replaced different colors around the pond with grey resin and ceramic turtles and frogs. There are several of the whimsical frogs that are playing musical instruments.

It was a labor of love for us to build this rock garden pond, because my late sister passed away 11 years ago. I can always remember her pointing to a rock that would look good at my house when we visited her in Arkansas.

Photo Location
Tennessee

Your pond looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing it!

Reply Like this photo? Yes