Frosty Cool Drinks When Traveling

Save and use screw top tonic or juice (plastic) bottles after washing and drying them well. When you're off for a trip, lengthy or otherwise, don't stop for cold drinks for everyone along the way. The night before, pour inexpensive tonic, punch or water into several bottles, filling them from 1/4 to 1/2 way, cap them and put in the freezer. It takes from 1 1/2 to 4 hours to freeze solid. In the morning, fill them with the appropriate drink and they'll stay frosty and cold for a good long time; for many a restless mile!

By Nett

Answers:

Frosty Cool Drinks When Traveling

I do this for my husband who works as a contractor at many different outside job sites. The night before I freeze a bottle of almost-filled water. The next morning he takes the bottle of solid ice and keeps it in his truck. When he is thirsty, just enough has melted so he can have a cool, refreshing drink of ice water.
~Harm0ny~ (09/02/2004)

By Harmony