Making Milk Foam for Coffee Drinks

Category Beverages
Cappuccino with foamed milk.
You can have foam on your coffee drinks at home and save money by not having to go to a coffee shop. This is a guide about making milk foam for coffee drinks.

If you want a less expensive way to get some "foam" on your coffee or cappuccino at home, just whip some warm milk in your blender until it's frothy and top your drink with it!

By Robin from Washington, IA

If you buy lattes or cappacinos you know how expensive they are. To be "thrifty", I bought a machine at Linens & Things for $50. Now I can make latte, cappacino, machiato, steamed and foamed milk, etc. I'm on my second $50 machine in over 2 years, but it's saved me a lot of money and my friends love their drinks.

I think I lost my machine when I moved, but you are saving so much money, and you can modify your recipes, to save money and calories.Can't say I have completely broken away from buying them, and another idea is to get the kind that you find at 7 eleven for about 1.49, I also had a latte from another gas station that tasted like the real deal.In the summer you can try different recipes to make iced lattes similiar to the granita's.Make your recipe hot, and let it cool a bit and put it in ice cube trays.Kersti

Try using hot full cream milk in your caffetiere. Use the filter, pushing it up and down to froth the milk. If you have a microwave, pop it in for a minute to get even more froth!