Getting Help During the Coronavirus in Pennsylvania
Bronze Tip Medal for All Time! 75 Tips
This guide lists some resources which can help you deal with the financial impact of the Coronavirus as we all work through this pandemic together. There is a lot of conflicting information on the Internet right now so it's important to verify with trusted sources when you can.
Please add your own resources to this page! We're trying to assemble a guide for each state and local knowledge is always best.
Pennsylvania State Resources
- Neighborhood Groups - Join a neighborhood group on Facebook or Next Door. There are some amazing people who are doing everything they can for their neighbors during this crisis. These efforts are best organized locally so try to find your local group. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
- School Lunches - When schools are closed every school district is making an effort to provide lunches. In Washington all children up to 18 can get a meal every weekday. Check your school district's web page for details. Usually the kids do need to be present when you pick up the lunches but they do not have to be enrolled in the district and your family doesn't have to qualify for free or reduced lunches.
- Food Assistance - Many local restaurants and businesses may be providing assistance as well. We've seen many who are offering free lunches for kids, even for adults in some cases, and fixed prices menus which make meals inexpensive in others.
- Financial Assistance - If you find yourself getting into a bind financially try to let your landlord, mortgage company, utilities, or credit cards know as soon as you can. Be sure to mention the Coronavirus as your reason for needing assistance. Many of them are arranging lower payments or deferring payments during this crisis but it's best to arrange something before you start missing payments.
National and International Resources
If you want to verify information it's best to go to the sources. Here are some national and international resources which can help you verify.
- US Coronavirus Information - This redirects to the CDC but is a useful short URL. - https://coronavirus.gov/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - The most up to date information about what you can do to prevent and treat a Coronavirus infection. - https://www.cdc.gov/
- World Health Organization (WHO) - The international organization which is handling the pandemic. - https://www.who.int/
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - Check here for details about reported plans to allow taxpayers to delay payment of owed taxes for 90 days and tax credits. - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.