FruitRecipes

Grilled Watermelon

If you haven't tried grilled watermelon yet, I beg you, please try it! It turns the common granular, sweet and juicy melon into some bizarre sweet and savoury, firm, meat-like treat that is beyond words. The great thing is, it's so incredibly cheap and easy to do! This is the simple-as-can be method, but you could try using different spices if you'd like. I urge you to try this on its own, though, so you can experience this incredible texture. If you don't have a grill, you could even bake it.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 6-10 minutes

Total Time: 11-16 minutes

Directions:

• Sprinkle all sides of watermelon slices with a tiny bit of salt. Place onto oiled grate over medium heat. Grill watermelon for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Serve.
  • Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Wow! You never cease to amaze me..

Someone is always giving me watermelons and with only two in the house it gets "old" after a while so this is really something I will have to try. I'm not using my outdoor grill (just too hot outside) but I do have indoor grills and that might work okay - you think?

One of my sons even had a half watermelon with candles for his 12th birthday - we are not big on cakes but, of course, this was many years ago.

Yes, that should work! Just make sure it cooks enough to the point it loses its granular texture and seems more dense like meat :) You will love it!!!!!!

It's such a crazy transformation.